We are involved, engaged and driven to serve our customers, to the best of our abilities. We go above and beyond what is required. We approach every situation with a consultative mindset and offer solutions to meet your needs.
Our Customer Care Department
PayMonex has structured the Customer Care Department to ensure representatives have the technology and tools needed, with the proper levels of management support, training and supervision. The result is a team that daily demonstrates its dedication to quality and service through:
- Quality Assurance
- Relationship Management
- Premier Relationship Support
- Risk Management
- Technical Support
Here you’ll find guides, resource information and customer support resources to answer questions and assist with online merchant portfolio management.
Tips for preventing fraud, including: best practices and procedures, identifying suspicious signals indicating fraud and card-not-present cautions.
- Keep the transaction slip and the merchandise behind the counter until the sale has been completed. This prevents anyone from stealing your copy of the sales draft, or from running out of the store with your merchandise if the authorization is declined.
- Never accept a letter that claims to give a customer permission to use someone else’s card. Only the authorized signatory can use the card.
- Do not credit card payments over the phone, by mail, fax or on the Internet unless you have a special merchant agreement. These agreements can be obtained by contacting PayMonex.
When the Card Is Not Present, Be Cautious
You and your staff are our most effective weapons against fraud.
Statistics show that the risk of fraud increases when the card and customer are not present at the point of sale.
“Card-not-present” transactions include catalog purchases, telephone or fax orders and Internet sales. They can also include recurring payments, such as automatic donations and subscriptions.
You cannot accept mail, fax, phone or Internet transactions without a specific type of merchant agreement. Without it, you are not only vulnerable to fraud and chargeback losses, but you risk losing your merchant privileges.
So, before accepting a card-not-present transaction, make sure that you have the proper agreement. Then, take the necessary steps to prevent chargebacks:
- Start by getting authorization for every transaction. This reduces the likelihood of processing an expired or invalid card.
- Never ship items to hotels, office lobbies, or post office boxes. Without a permanent address, there’s no way to verify whether the shipment has been received or follow up with the customer.
- If a customer contacts you to cancel a recurring transaction, stop billing immediately.
- Protect yourself by making sure your return policy is clearly stated on your order forms, website, advertising and catalog materials.
When You Use Credit Cards…
Most merchants are also credit card users. Here are some tips you, as a consumer, can take to reduce the chances of becoming a victim:
- Always cut up old cards.
- Sign new cards as soon as they arrive. Use permanent ink.
- Keep a list of your active cards in a safety deposit box, with account numbers and the number to call if the cards become lost or stolen.
- Only carry the cards you plan to use.
- Store your Social Security number somewhere other than your wallet.
- Do not give credit card information to a phone solicitor.
- Do not keep sensitive information at work.
Take Charge – Protection from Credit Card Fraud
PayMonex never sends emails requesting customer passwords or log in credentials. Protect your personal information and never click on unsolicited web links provided in an email or other correspondence.